Powered By Blogger

Mass of the Holy Spirit | Parents' Orientation | Showcase of Talents


Written by: Rey Anthony Ocier | Mechanical Technology - Senior Trainee

July 7 2012: a half-day affair with Parents, Trainees, and DBTC staff defined by thanksgiving to our Loving God and a showcase of talents.
This day proved to be a fulfilling day that marked the opening of a new semester for the Training Center. It was also a venue to welcome the new Junior Trainees as well as the returning Senior Trainees. 
The day opened with a Holy Mass which where the trainees proved themselves ready for spiritual service. Some trainees served as part of the Priest’s assistants dressed in Immaculate white, while others helped in animating the liturgy as members of the choir that led the singing of the songs and psalms for the Mass.
After the Mass, it was followed by the introduction of the DBTC staff and the Orientation of the Parents that was officiated by the instructors.

At the end of the Orientation, everyone gathered inside the gymnasium for the program. The program was certainly a revelation as Trainees (mostly Junior Trainees) showed their personal talents and shared them to a supportive crowd of fellow Trainees, parents, instructors, and DBTC staff. As we saw the dance moves of the Automotive Juniors, Garments, and small engine trainees and as we listened to the songs sang by the choir... it just goes to show the giftedness of each Bosconian – the willingness to share it for the benefit of others.
As a trainee myself, I can’t help but be amazed at my co-trainees. It would seem that all they know is have some fun, but given the opportunity, they can also be very responsible in terms of serious matters. As my companions shared their talents, I also shared my talent as I helped in the decoration and design of the stage both for the mass and the program. Being able to help in my little ways is a fulfillment for me, but I consider it a big fulfillment to see my co-trainees, my friends, my brothers, to be able to help share their talents as well.